3.13.2010

Two Orchards

I have a huge collection of orchard photos. Many of which were taken before film scans and some are still unprinted, sitting in a box waiting for me to rediscover them. I just love the idea that I made something in an moment and yet it is still secret from me. One of the most magic things about film, is the anticipation of course, but I also love that you can pile up a stack of rolls and develop them all at once, sometimes forgetting what you took photos of. There is NOTHING more exciting than re-discovery. This is what happened after an orchard belly session I did last month. I also turned some loose personal rolls in, and I had no idea what was on any of them. (when you carry a camera everywhere...forgetfulness can happen pretty quickly) One roll was from a trip out to my friend Megan's farm. Two orchards, side by side about a month apart. It reminds me that spring is just around the corner.

1 comment:

Kara Forristall said...

Oooh, I love the one on the left, eerie and beautiful at the same time. the set does make spring feel a little closer, thanks!